Solenco air purifiers for sale utilises a multi filtration system that includes a pre filter, true HEPA filter, carbon filter and a UV-C light. These units carry the Allergy Foundations of South Africa’s Seal of Approval meaning that these units will help in alleviating the effects of allergies including asthma and hay fever (allergic rhinitis).
Additionally, these units can be used public spaces, waiting rooms, hospital rooms and offices etc
The air purifiers pre filter will remove any pet dander or human hair from the air. The Medical Grade H13 HEPA filter found in the CF8500 removes 99,975% airborne pollutant including allergens, pollen, dust mites and dust that are 0,1 microns in diameter.
The Solenco CF8608 comes with an H13 Medical HEPA filter which removes up to 99,975% of particles that are 0,1 microns in diameter. The carbon filter removes smells, smoke and VOC’s. Finally the UV-C Light will kill airborne viruses or bacteria.
We have air purifiers that cover varying areas with the CF8500 Air Purifier able to cover up to 25m2 and the CF8608 Air Purifier covering up to 50m2.
CLICK ON THE IMAGES BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO PLACE YOUR ORDER
Air Purifiers FAQ
What is an air purifier?
An air purifier, air filter or air cleaner is a device which removes contaminants from the air in a room to improve your indoor air quality. These air purifiers are beneficial to allergy sufferers and asthmatics, and at reducing or eliminating second-hand tobacco smoke. These airborne contaminants include allergens, pollen, dust mites, mould spores, pet hair or dander and dust.
How do I know if my air purifier is working?
There are a few ways in which you can tell if your air purifier is working:
- Sight- you will be able to see if your air purifier is working well if you see hair, dust or the HEPA filter changes colour from white to a dark grey.
- Smell- The Solenco air purifiers come with a carbon filter which removes smells, smoke and VOC”s so these smells will be eliminated or removed with an effective air purifier.
- Air Monitor- the Solenco CF8608 comes with an air quality sensor which continuously measures the air quality and displays the results to you through the display panel.
How do HEPA Air Purifiers work?
HEPA stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air.
It works is by forcing air through a fine mesh that traps harmful particles such as pollen, pet dander, dust mites and tobacco smoke. True HEPA filters remove particles from the air as small as 0.3 microns – smaller than the eye can see.
What is the best air purifier for my baby?
Babies or small children often suffer from asthma, allergies or frequent congestion brought on from a cold virus. It is therefore imperative to maintain a clean air environment in their bedroom or house to help alleviate such symptoms. Your baby will sleep better and be more comfortable throughout the night which will result in you sleeping sounder and feel rested for your new day.
We suggest that the most ideal nursery air purifier is the Solenco CF8500 Air Purifier. This is ideal as it will cover your typical nursery size of 20m2 very effectively, allowing for four air changes per hour. The air purifier also comes with night mode where the fan speed is reduced and all lights are turned off to ensure a peaceful sleep is had by your baby.
Which air purifier is the best for my bedroom?
The Solenco CF8500 Air Purifier is ideal for your bedroom as this unit comes with a night light, extremely quiet (less than 29dB on low- which is just below the sound of a whisper), has a very small footprint and covers up to 40m2.The Solenco CF8500 is ideal for your bedroom as this unit comes with a night light, extremely quiet (less than 29dB on low- which is just below the sound of a whisper), has a very small footprint and covers up to 40m2.
What is the best air purifier for a smokers home?
The Solenco CF8500 and Solenco CF8608 air puriifers both come with activated cabon filters as part of their multi filtration air cleaning system. Activated Carbon filters absorb unpleasant smells and can particularly benefit people who suffer allergies or aggravation from polluted air, including second hand smoke. If you are or live with a smoker, using an activated carbon filter in your home air purifier will provide you with benefits to your respiratory health.
Is UV-C Light safe in an air purifier?
The UVC light is encased in the unit so there is no exposure to human skin at all. The Solenco air purifiers come with a safety feature that turns the unit off if the front cover is removed to get access to the filters. The UV-C light is a form of Ultaviolet Germicidal irradiation which is a disinfection method which will kill or inactivate microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, moulds and other pathogens.
How do I replace my filters in my air purifier?
The Solenco CF8500 and CF8608 Air Purifier models come with a replace filter light. These filters last between 6-12 months depending on the environment in which they operate. However, you can extend their life if you vacuum the filters a couple times a month.
For a video showing you how to replace your air purifier filter, please follow the links here:
What air purifier should I get based on my allergy or allergies?
The Solenco range of air purifiers offers a multifiltration system so if you are allergic to anything below, one of our filters will capture it.
Pre-filter – large airborne particles such as Pet Dander
HEPA filter – captures particles larger than 0.3 microns in size which is most of the particles that are in the air. If you think that a human hair is 40+ microns in size it gives you an idea of just how small 0.3 microns is.
A HEPA filter will capture particles that cause allergies like:
- Pollen Allergy
- Mould Spores Allergy
- Dust Mites Allergy
- Some Bacteria and viruses Allergy
- Other airborne allergens
Enhanced Activated Charcoal filter – the next line of defence removes those things that you can smell:
- Chemical fumes
- Numerous random smells including dog and cat odour
Ultra Violet Light (UV-C) – is a germicidal light, meaning that it can destroy viruses and bacteria whenever it encounters them.
Should my windows and doors be closed when using an air purifier?
The short answer is YES, for the best and quickest results keep doors and windows shut however outside pollution wont necessarily come into the space automatically, but might be brought in through the exchange of air in the space when windows and doors are open.
Practically, when you are at home or in the office, it wont be a major train smash to open windows and doors, however you must be aware of the above.
The solution though is to keep the air purifier working continuously – it wont make a huge difference to the energy consumption.
Choosing the right air purifier for you:
1. Why would I need to get an air purifier/ air cleaner or air filter?
- Allergy sufferers and people with asthma or other breathing problems may noticea reduction in symptoms when using an air purifier with a HEPA filter.
- You have pets which release skin and pet dander into your indoor air. This will be caught by the prefilter and the carbon filter will remove pet smells.
- You smoke or live with a smoker. Ventilating and filtration, such as HEPA filtration, catches fine airborne particulate matter (PM 2.5, or 2.5 micrometers), can provide some relief.
Air purifiers can catch some of the airborne particles and air pollution, like dust, that get kicked up during construction or from cars driving down the road.
2. What are the benefits of using an air purifier/ air cleaner or air filter?
- Remove triggers for asthma attacks
- Eliminate allergens such as dust, mould spores and pet odour
- Trap tobacco and cigarette smoke
- Remove fumes and pollutants in urban environments
- Eliminate Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s)
Protect children, the elderly and chronically ill from respiratory illness.
3. Do air purifiers/ air cleaners or air filters actually work?
The Solenco CF8500 and Solenco CF8608 Air Purifiers bear the Allergy Foundations Seal of Approval stating that the product has been scientifically tested to prove it is efficient at reducing or removing allergens from the environment or the products have significantly reduced allergen or chemical content. In order to receive the Seal of Approval, manufacturers have supplied verifiable results of independent testing or testing has carried out via AFSA by independent laboratories to standards created for the Seal of Approval by leading allergy specialists. Due to patient variation, however, use of these products cannot be guaranteed to reduce symptoms in allergic sufferers.
4. Why should I choose a Solenco Air Purifier?
- The Solenco units are the only air purifiers in South Africa that carry the Allergy Foundation of South Africa’s Seal of Approval
- The air purifiers come with multiple speed setting, night mode, filter change indicators, replacement filters are freely available and two year warranties.
- They use a multi filtration system including prefilters, True HEPA filters, Carbon filters and UVC Lights
- They cover up to 80m2 with the Solenco CF8608 covering between 50-80m2 and the CF85000 covering up to 40m2.
- Solenco offers superior after sales service for a world class experience.