Together with our client in Pretoria, we are recruiting for a Senior Actuarial Analyst in the Healthcare industry. The ideal candidate must have 6 years of relevant experience in the healthcare industry of which 2 years of experience must be in a managerial role and must hold a relevant degree in Actuarial Science.
- Responsible for product development through the following actions:
- Generate product enhancements and changes to the client’s benefit options and value-added products based on research
- Ensure market analysis is up to date for comparisons
- Map out the effect of changes or enhancements on the sustainability of option design and value-added products
- Ensure changes or enhancements have been tested for effectiveness and implementation
- Identify appropriate service partners; and
- Co-present product changes or enhancements to the Board of Trustees and the regulator.
- Responsible for market analysis and setting growth targets through the following actions:
- Identify target markets and conduct market segmentation to align with benefit options
- Draft the Sales and Corporate Growth plans, including setting targets per option; and
- Ensure targets for new enrolments and corporate growth are aligned with the client’s objectives.
- Ensure marketing material is appropriate and aligned with objectives, in conjunction with the Marketing business unit.
- Compile corporate group and/or broker reports, including risk profile analyses, enrolments, and terminations.
- Attend and represent the department at meetings and on project teams and cross-functional forums, to ensure collaboration and the integration of the product design plan.
- Establish an appropriate structure to achieve objectives and manage the portfolio’s actions, staff complement, and resources.
- Compile and monitor a risk register.
- Ensure constant operational efficiency through innovation within areas under control.
- Ensure adherence to all legislative and regulatory prescripts.
- Continuously evaluate plans, actions, and resources to ensure that objectives are achieved.
- Compile and manage the budget in order to utilize resources effectively and achieve objectives
- A relevant degree in Actuarial Science.
- Six years’ relevant experience in the healthcare industry, of which two years must be in a managerial role.
- Must possess knowledge of the following:
- Product development and reward programmes
- Interpreting research results
- Competitor environment and trends
- Consumer behaviour and buying decisions
- Compilation of databases; and
- The Medical Schemes Act and Regulations.
- Computer literate in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- K53 driving licence.
- Must possess the following skills:
- Data extraction and data analytical skills;
- Innovation and creativity;
- Outcomes driven;
- Building relations;
- Planning and organising;
- Delivering results;
- Continuous improvement;
- Abstract reasoning;
- Digital readiness; and
- Solutioning complexity.
- R 80 000.00 – R 100 000.00 CTC per month
- Retirement Annuity
Only candidates who meet all the minimum requirements stipulated in the advert, will be considered.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV with supporting documents to email@example.com
REF: Actuarial Analyst
|Job Category||Senior Actuarial Analyst|