Together with our client, we are recruiting a Clinical Associate to join their Medical Centre in the East Rand. The ideal candidate needs to have min 2 years of experience in the private sector and must hold a BCMP Medical Degree.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Overseeing clinical tasks
- Providing updates to clinical documentation
- Reviewing emergency situations and escalating situations outside the scope of his / her expertise to the Doctor on call
- Patient-centered consultations across all ages in the clinic
- Appropriately complete patient referral letters
- Identifying patient’s needs
- Performing an accurate and relevant physical examination
- Utilizing diagnostic tools effectively
- Ensuring continuity of care by deciding on follow-up and review
- Accurately complete patient statistics.
- Providing emergency care
- Prescribing appropriate medication within scope of practice
- Facilitating communication and provide basic counselling.
- Explaining the role and function of a clinical associate to the patient
- Applying basic ethical principles
- Complying with statutory and professional obligations
- Demonstrating appropriate and sensitive attitudes to patients, family, communities, and colleagues
- Demonstrating reliability
- Reflecting all relevant information in patient records and medico-legal forms accurately and legibly
- Integrating understanding of family, community and health system into the clinic operations
- Providing guidance and support to the clinical staff
- Three (3) years Bachelor of Clinical Medical Practice (BCMP)
- HPCSA registration
- Private Primary Healthcare experience will be an advantage.
Skills and attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Professional communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans
- Well-presented and professional
- Facility hours are Monday to Friday, 07h00 – 20h00 and Saturday / Sunday, 08h00 – 16h00 with a shift rotational basis.
Only candidates who meet all the requirements stipulated in this advert, will be considered. If you don’t receive feedback from us within 2 weeks of your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Should you meet all the requirements as set out above, kindly email a CV together with supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference: CA Boksburg
Closing date: 31 May 2022
|Job Category||Clinical Associate|